Author Topic: 나와 호랑이님 (The Tiger and I)  (Read 73 times)

Offline Comrade Гангут

• Getting on up there
  • Internets: 0
  • Capitalism might not be so bad after all...
    • View Profile
나와 호랑이님 (The Tiger and I)
« on: 2017-09-27 18:40:43 »
Is how I think it's translated...?  Плохо, this would not be a problem if Korea would just become a part of Russia already...

Anyway, I wanted to know if any comrades out there have read it -- or even know of its existence.  As the most well-known Korean light novel, it has been in serialization since 2010, and remains quite popular (though, with a limited audience given its cultural environment).  While it might be a bit harder to understand, incorporating native Korean culture instead of the usual Japanese, it reads very much like a typical light novel you would see in Japan.  To the degree that some dislike it for that very reason.  Seriously, just embrace the Hammer and Sickle already, and we'll break that apart for you...

Though, to fans of the series, it seems the bigger cause of concern is its not-so-subtle loliconic nature.  I mean, the only girls worthy of waifu status are loli, and the 3 exceptions aren't even heroines.  Of all the elements from Japanese otaku culture to successfully emulate, why did it have to be this?  I prefer it this way, though...

I would recommend the series, if I could just find out where to read / purchase it (and learn Korean, but I'm sure annexation would happen before I learn a new language).  Anyway, I just wanted to bring attention to the light novel for the purpose of INtellectual Exploration, and maybe even gain a friend to talk about it with.  That's all, back to the fields and factories, comrades!

-on a side note, it seems the series is nearly complete, with the novel reaching its final volume soon.  The problem is that there seems to be a part of the audience that speculates a development similar to the Haruhi novels, which is not хорошо. 

Offline Comrade Гангут

• Getting on up there
  • Internets: 0
  • Capitalism might not be so bad after all...
    • View Profile
Re: 나와 호랑이님 (The Tiger and I)
« Reply #1 on: 2017-11-01 11:22:27 »
Cover for volume 1:

-I have received several reports from intel that part 2 volume 18 will be released on December 1st; however, nothing has been confirmed as of yet.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-10 17:36:14 by Comrade Гангут »