CAINE Forums

Author Topic: Love Live  (Read 279 times)

Offline amyo98

• Power level: 2
  • Internets: 0
  • I forgot to put something here.
    • View Profile
Love Live
« on: 2016-08-26 00:18:12 »
Anybody into Love Live, the anime and/or the mobile app game? :D

Offline tormaid

• 就職浪人
  • Administrator
  • Hundreds of fifties of pounds
  • Power level: 172
  • Internets: 4
  • Unlimited Backlog Works
    • tormaid
    • tormaid2552
    • @tormaid
    • View Profile
    • encodan.info
Re: Love Live
« Reply #1 on: 2016-08-26 11:08:19 »
I know we have at least one FGO addict...   

Offline iRTimmy

• Power level: 3
  • Internets: 1
    • iRTimmy
    • iRTimmy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-08-26 13:27:11 »
Love Live Sunshine is really good imo, I like it way more than the original. I couldn't get emotionally invested in the original because it was mostly comedy/silliness with drama falling flat for me but Sunshine sells the characters extremely well, in addition to having that hint of absurdity that made the original charming. It's not that I thought the original was bad or anything, the comedy is top notch and some character arcs worked for me. But Sunshine doesn't give me much to complain about. Also, You is pretty good.

Also since you mentioned the game, I used to be addicted to School Idol Festival but I managed to crawl out of idol hell.

Offline Mmmm Bop

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-09-01 09:10:04 »
As someone who loves [email protected], I have pretty much ignored the series until recently. However, the new series looks cool with the Chuunbiyo-esque character. Is the new anime a good jump in point?

Offline iRTimmy

• Internets: 1
    • iRTimmy
    • iRTimmy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-09-01 18:31:34 »
As someone who loves [email protected], I have pretty much ignored the series until recently. However, the new series looks cool with the Chuunbiyo-esque character. Is the new anime a good jump in point?

The Idolmaster is one of my favorite shows! There aren't as many characters I love as much as some of the Idolmasters in Love Live Sunshine but the overall package is still good (not as good as Idolmaster imo but still worth watching). They're both different takes on idol culture, the former focuses on the context of being an idol from the start and builds towards gaining stardom. The latter is more focused on the formation of an idol group through a common cause. Also the latter uses CG for most of its performance, which doesn't really match up to The Idolmaster's beautiful animation.

This might not be relevant to everyone but Love Live (the original at least) felt more like it was created for the purpose of entertaining the viewers and making money (not really anything wrong with that) while The Idolmaster really feels like a work from the heart. Everything from how the characters were written to the production in The Idolmaster values really exude passion and an appeal to the heart. This is what really sells me on The Idolmaster over Love Live in terms of how much I liked it.

But I think Sunshine's a big improvement over the original and is definitely worth watching. It references back to the original Love Live quite a lot but it isn't completely necessary to have watched the original to watch Sunshine. The original is still good in its own right and I would recommend both shows, though they were a bit of a different experience from the Idolmaster to me.

Offline amyo98

• Power level: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-09-01 23:09:03 »
@ iRTimmy, I totally agree, Love Live Sunshine is more of an actual plotline and has more to offer so far than the original anime series. I did enjoy the original anime series as well though, just not as much as LL Sunshine so far. I enjoyed the original Love Live Movie the most from the entire first series.

Also, Eli is my best girl. And LOL, good for you for escaping the School Idol Festival app hell, I'm still in that hell... I have not watched Idolmaster but I will put it on my to watch list. Anyone here into Ensemble Stars, a Japanese-only idol game? They are making an anime for it soon, and it features about 30 different boys in a high school in different idol groups. The app game is pretty enjoyable I'd say :)

Offline 13thMuse

• Rocks out at Cook Out
  • Power level: 77
  • Internets: 7
  • Everybody loves me on the Internet!
    • 13thMuse
    • Graceling13
    • View Profile
    • My translation blog
« Reply #6 on: 2016-09-07 01:11:41 »
I haven't seen any of the shows, but I recently started playing the mobile game; I decided to try it out after going to Tokyo and seeing how insanely popular Love Live is there lol. I like all the girls so far, but especially Hanayo. I might check out Sunshine, since it seems people like it. Ensemble Stars sounds pretty entertaining too :D

Offline 13thMuse

• Rocks out at Cook Out
  • Power level: 77
  • Internets: 7
  • Everybody loves me on the Internet!
    • 13thMuse
    • Graceling13
    • View Profile
    • My translation blog
« Reply #7 on: 2016-09-07 01:59:42 »
I found a spicy Love Live meme you all might appreciate

popular anime, summarized

(click to show/hide)

original post: http://ltdfcd.tumblr.com/post/147587132540/popular-anime-summarized